YEARLISTING IN 2016

Compared to most recent years, when for example I recorded 165 species in the county in 2011, 187 in 2012 and 173 in 2013, this has been a particularly poor one with just 157 species recorded by mid December - one of my worst years on record

YEARLISTING IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

It's all over - 2012 has come to an end. I managed a total of 187 out of the 198 species recorded all told in Buckinghamshire - 94% of the total - probably my highest-ever annual tally.

The current record is 191 species achieved in 2006 and held jointly by both Rob Hill and Simon Nichols



Saturday 14 November 2009

RED-CRESTED POCHARDS at Marlow

Just time to visit Little Marlow GP before dark. The four RED-CRESTED POCHARD were still present along the west bank. I managed a few photos but I think the photos that Dave Ferguson has already uploaded are probably better. A female Goldeneye was in amongst the same flock of Tufted as the RCPs.

Overall there were thousands of birds present with maybe 2000+ Black-headed Gulls, 1000+ Jackdaws and a good mixture of 100s of Geese and Ducks. A few Redwings were flying around as was a Grey Wagtail. (Jim Rose)